- LawCare is an independent charity offering emotional support, information and training to the legal community in the UK and Ireland. We work to promote good mental health and wellbeing in legal workplaces.
- We’re here to help through our confidential helpline, email, webchat and one-to-one peer support network. The helpline number is 0800 279 6888 and you can access other support, information and resources at www.lawcare.org.uk
- We help all branches of the legal profession: solicitors, barristers, barrister’s clerks, judges, Chartered Legal Executives, paralegals, trademark attorneys, patent attorneys, costs lawyers, and their staff and families.
- Our support spans the legal life from student to training to practice and retirement.
Solicitors Assistance Scheme
Solicitors Assistance Scheme – free confidential help and advice for all solicitors in England and Wales, their families and employees, on any problem, whether personal or professional.
Solicitors Benevolent Association (SBA) – help for solicitors in serious financial need because of illness, accident, redundancy or other adversity (020 8675 6440).
Other Links & Resources
- Mind – mental health charity.
- Health and Safety Executive – guidelines for managing stress at work.
- Samaritans – Charity providing 24-hour confidential emotional support to anyone in crisis.